Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Pop


As many of you know, I started this blog for my grandfather, Pop, Henry's namesake, to keep up his little buddy.  Pop would check the blog several times a day to see what little Henry was up to.  He loved the blog (he actually thought the blog was an email sent just to him) and he loved hearing the latest from Texas.... I have put off blogging for this reason- it has been too difficult as Pop went to be with Jesus (and his beautiful bride)  just last week.  

I am hesitant to write anything about Pop because there aren't words for a man that made everyone around him better, happier, and kinder- he genuinely changed lives just by being.  He was truly was a remarkable man of God.  I am so proud to tell Henry about a man that loved deeper than anyone I have ever known.  He loved his wife more than any man I have ever known.  So much that he couldn't live without her, he died only 8 weeks after she did, quite possibly of a broken heart.  They had the most full, beautiful love.  Pop cherished his two boys and in turn they raised families with the same amount of love shown to them.  Pop's love will be passed on for generations.  Pop adored Jesus.  He lived a his life in such a way that I know the Heavenly Father said to him just last week, "Well done, my good and faithful servant. You have been faithful...". (Matt. 25:21).  He will be deeply missed.
Big Henry and Little Henry were instant buddies-
this was literally the second they meet!


watching cartoons together : )











our visit to New Jersey 8 weeks ago
sweet Pop and all the girls ( plus little Henry)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry sweet friend. I know it's difficult losing loved ones. Much love to your family. xoxo

    ReplyDelete